Sunday, May 11, 2008

Practical Life

Just so I don't leave out the little learners! The practical life exercises are pretty self-explanatory:

Separating tri-color glass pebbles.

Transferring poof-balls using a (large!) pair of tongs. The best part of this work is the "poof" that Avery says as she transfers each ball.

Transferring popping corn from one bowl to another with a melon baller. Transferring exercises are supposed to move from left to right to prepare for reading, but I must have been having a brain fart that day.

This activity uses those re-usable ice cube things. Avery can spend a looooooong time fishing them out and putting them back. The tongs are a little stiff for her, but she manages. I've been trying to find little sugar tongs in-store buy haven't been able to so far!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

This site is a great resource! I was so bummed when Ben didn't get into our city charter Montessori school. It's a great method, and you're a good Mommy for being so dedicated -- I can't say that I would have the patience =O